We all need a little inspiration from time to time. As we kick off the new year, we would like to share a few words of wisdom to empower you to achieve your sales goals in 2016.
Turn to these quotes for inspiration any time you feel disheartened or disgruntled. Remember, even the experts––some of the greatest leaders and businesspeople of our time––needed courage and perseverance in order to succeed.
So the next time you feel the need for an extra push, refer to these 25 quotes to refresh your mind and boost your sales energy.
1. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
2 “You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.” – Patricia Fripp
3. “Most people think “selling” is the same as “talking.” But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” – Roy Bartell
4. “Obstacles can’t stop you. Problems can’t stop you. Most of all, other people can’t stop you. Only you can stop you.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
5. “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers
6. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
8. “Business is like riding a bicycle. Either you keep moving or you fall down.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
9. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it. But if you love what you are doing, and always put the customer first, success will be yours.” – Ray Kroc
10. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
11. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
12. “It is not your customer’s job to remember you. It is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.” – Patricia Fripp
13. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect.” – William Clement Stone
14. “Success is the culmination of failures, mistakes, false starts, confusion, and the determination to keep going anyway.” – Nick Gleason
15. “If we learn from losing, we become winners in the end.” – Anonymous
16. “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
17. “Your competition is EVERYTHING else your prospect could conceivably spend their money on.” – Don Cooper
18. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
19. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
20. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
21. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
22. “It is impossible to win the race until you venture to run, impossible to win the victory unless you dare to battle.” – Richard DeVos
23. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
24. “Sales success comes after you stretch yourself past your limits on a daily basis.” – Omar Periu
25. “Remember that failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night.” – Zig Ziglar
Never-ending cold calls and challenging prospects can undoubtedly affect your motivation. With these simple reminders, we hope you feel inspired to tackle your 2016 sales goals and objectives!